Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Who are You?

Welcome to World History!



Take some time to introduce yourself to your teacher and your classmates. This is an opportunity to learn a little about the other students in the course as well.



Questions

1. What is your name?

2. What grade are you in?

3. What are your hopes upon graduation?



After you answer these question go to this web site

historians.org/pubs/free/whystudyhistory.htm

and make another post considering the following questions:


  1. How do our attitudes about the past, wheter positive or negative, affect our own politics and ideas?

  2. Do you think there is value in studying history?

  3. Why or why not?

This discussion is worth a maximum of 10 points. You'll receive points for remaing focused on the topic, providing a thorough response, and demonstrating effort.

10 comments:

  1. I'm not sure how to you post. Play around with it. I can't experiment with it because it signs me in. Try subscribing, or register with google (no cost)

    ReplyDelete
  2. (1) Our attitudes about the past, whether positive or negative, does affect our own politics and ideas. On the negative side, if we did something on the past such as commit a felony, in the future, a person would not be able to do the stuff they wanted to do as an adult. Another example on the positive side is they say historians who like reading as a child in in the past, then he will grow-up to develop dramatic and skillful writing skills.

    (2)I think there is value in studying history because it is useful and helps distinguish the educated from the uneducated. History offers information about how people and societies before us behave. History harbors beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello everyone my name is Courtney Brackins. I'm in the 12th grade. My hopes for after graduation are to attend The Art Institute of Atlanta. I want to prusue a career as a Interior Designer or an Architect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Our attitudes afect who we are and what we become. Negative attitude influenes poor choices and situations one does not want to find themelves in. Positive attitudes on the other hand influence creativity and well being. Our attitudes affect our ideas heavily because our ideas are how we tend to precieve things and if we make negative or positive decisions makes all the difference in life. It also effects the way we tendx to preceive politics wheter it be in a good or bad way.

    2. Since I began to first study things I knew I would love history. I believe history is something that everyone should value. History teaches us so much who we are, where society has be. and where we are headed. If not for history I think we would not learn from ourselves and better ourselves for a more positive and brighteer future.

    3. As stated above history is a beig part nof who society is. we learn from our past mnistakes and rise up from what we once were. History teaches you things that you think you would never have known if you didn't study. That's why I think it is of the most upmost importance to study history wheter it be about the history of mankind or something as simple as the invention of a common household product. History is what makes us grow and makes us stronger.;

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for good comments - keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ms. Hennessy.I forgot my password and I need it in order to do my ap work could you please send it to me. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi my name is Kennysha Chenille Williams. I am currently in the 12th grade. After I graduate from High School I hope to got to Albany State University for two years and Mayor in biology and minor in nursing. After my two years at Albany State University I would like to move to Atlanta and attend Spelman College.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If we have a good attitude about our past then it will encourage us to do better in our future, but if we feel negative about our past then it will probably have a negative impat on our future. I mean it's like the old saying goes "What we do today determines what we do tomorrow".

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1. Alex Reddick
    2. 12th grade
    3. going to college and to become successful

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1. We learn history to learn from our mistakes. whether our views of it is bad or not history has alot to teach us.
    2. yes
    3. because history has alot to teach. for example i didn't know the history of beer until i read our summer book. History is fun to learn and you always learn something new from it.

    ReplyDelete